(Award In Nutrition for Physical Activity) - The aim of this internationally recognized ITEC qualification is to enable students to gain the practical and theoretical skills necessary to provide diet and nutritional advice for health, weight loss, sports performance and physical activity. It is an ideal course to take if you are involved in the fitness and wellness industry and looking to upskill or for anyone with an interest in diet and nutrition.
- The digestive system
- Foods that make up a balanced diet and healthy eating
- Best sources of nutrition
- Understanding of all the main nutrients, daily recommended allowances and benefits
- Improving sporting performance through diet and nutritional practices
- Calculating calorie requirements
- Food Labels
- The principles of nutritional goal setting with clients including weight loss.
- Applying principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
There are no prior qualifications needed to attend this course.