On successful completion of this fantastic internationally recognised qualification, therapists will be fully qualified to work with sports teams, professional competitive and amateur athletes, along with leisure clubs and centres.
This is an excellent qualification for those new to the sports and leisure industry with no previous qualifications necessary. It is also an excellent additional qualification for those already qualified as Personal Trainers. If already holding a Personal Trainer qualification, the ITEC Level 5 Diploma in Sports Massage will immediately open the doors to you to expand your career further with the added benefits to your resume as a Sports Massage therapist, therefore giving you more knowledge and having further services to offer your clients. This is especially beneficial when working with sports teams and athletes.
Through a combination of theory and practical learning, the following subjects are covered:
- Understand and explain the changes that occur during exercise to the muscular system.
- Understand and explain the effects of stress on muscles during sport.
- Understand and explain the principles of training.
- Understand and explain over training.
- Understand the principles of force and motion.
- Understand and explain the principles of injury prevention and management.
- Understand and explain the stages of the healing process and the possible treatments available.
- Understand the preventative and rehabilitative training to reinforce massage treatments.
- Understand the effects and benefits of stretching.
- Understand and explain the signs and symptoms of inflammation.
- Understand and explain scar tissue.
- Understand and explain the effects of massage on muscle and other soft tissue.
- Understand, explain and demonstrate the classical massage movements.
- Understand, explain and demonstrate sports massage techniques according to the clients condition and needs.
- Understand and explain specific Sports Massage techniques.
- Understand, explain in detail and demonstrate the common sports injuries that can be treated after medical approval