Internationally recognised, the level 4 ITEC Gym Instructor (Certificate in Fitness Instructing Gym Based Exercise) course provides students with the necessary skills and qualification to gain employment within a gym environment, such as leisure centres, hotel gyms and fitness clubs. This is an excellent course for those wanting an exciting and rewarding career within the health and fitness industry.
Internationally recognised, ITEC has been awarding high quality and respected industry qualifications since 1947. It is now one of the world’s leading and most successful awarding bodies specialising in the health and fitness sector. Following on from this course instructors have the opportunity to upskill and add to their qualification in areas such as Personal Training, Indoor Studio Cycling, Strength and Conditioning, Kettlebell and more.
Through a combination of theory and practical learning, the following subjects are covered:
- Health, Safety And Welfare In A Fitness Environment
- Principles Of Exercise, Fitness And Health
- How To Support Clients Who Take Part In Exercise And Physical Activity
- Anatomy And Physiology For Exercise And Health
- Exercise And Programme Design
- Programme Progression Design
- Fitness Testing
- Exercise Health Screening
- Instructing Gym Based Exercise