Sports Nutrition - ITEC Award In Nutrition for Physical Activity. This internationally recognised ITEC qualification enables students to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to provide diet and nutritional advice for sports performance. It is an excellent course to take for those involved in training athletes and sports teams, or for those interested in their own sporting nutritional needs. *This course runs one evening per week for 8 weeks, in addition to this students are then required to submit three case studies in order to complete the course. Case studies must be submitted within 4 weeks of the last class, in which online support is provided.
Topics & subjects covered:
- Improving sporting performance through diet and nutritional practices.
- Muscle gain nutritional planning.
- Body fat reduction nutritional planning.
- Endurance sports nutritional planning.
- Understanding macro nutrients (protein, carbohydrate, fat) and how they relate to sporting performance.
- Understanding micro nutrients and their role in an athletes health, and how they can boost performance.
- Understanding how to design and implement a sports specific nutritional plan.
- Calculating calorie requirements.
- Digestive system.
- Foods that make up a balanced diet and healthy eating.
- Best sources of nutrition.
- Understanding of all the main nutrients, daily recommended allowances and benefits.
- Food Labelling.
- The principles of nutritional goal setting.
- Applying principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
There are no prior qualifications needed to attend this course. Course runs subject to minimum numbers.