Indoor Cycling (aka Spinning) has fast become one of the most popular and effective fitness classes offered within the fitness industry and has taken the world by storm! This one day course provides an understanding of the key concepts of indoor studio cycling and provides all the necessary skills to teach a safe, effective and great class.
Through a combination of theory and practical learning, the following areas are covered:
- Benefits of indoor studio cycling.
- Bike set up and basic bike maintenance.
- Class structure and planning.
- Instructing Indoor Studio cycling classes.
- Music selection and cueing.
- Pre and post class stretching.
- Safety considerations and injury prevention.
- Pre exercise medical screening.
The ITEC Indoor Studio Cycling award is an internationally recognised qualification, and not merely just a certificate of attendance. Internationally recognised, ITEC has been awarding high quality and respected industry qualifications since 1947. It is now one of the world’s leading and most successful awarding bodies specialising in the health and fitness sector.
Please Note: Although it is recommended, a prior fitness qualification is not required to attend this course.