Pilates - strength, flexibility and control. Pilates was created by Joe H. Pilates, he named his method 'Contrology', meaning 'science of control'. Pilates is a hugely popular class and has taken the world by storm. The ITEC Pilates Diploma enables those qualified to instruct Pilates in a group or one to one environment. Internationally recognised, ITEC has been awarding high quality and respected industry qualifications since 1947. It is now one of the world's leading and most successful awarding bodies specialising in the health and fitness sector.
Through a combination of theory and practical learning, the following subjects are covered:
- Health, Safety And Welfare In A Fitness Environment
- Principles Of Exercise, Fitness And Health
- How To Support Clients Who Take Part In Exercise And Physical Activity
- Anatomy And Physiology Of Exercise And Health
- Concept and principals of Pilates
- Programming Pilates teaching sessions
- Delivering Pilates Sessions
- Pilates exercise variations and progression
- Instructing correct technique
- Safety consideration and injury prevention
- Pre-exercise medical screening
Please note: This diploma is aligned by the QQI as Level 5 on the NQF (UK Ofqual Level 3 & EQF Level 4) and that the UK Ofqual Level 3 is stated on the final diploma issued.